Thursday, July 2, 2020

Advice To Democrats From A Vermin Supreme Voter



First off, let me say that the headline was not 100% truthful and was merely used to grab your attention. I have not as yet firmly committed myself to voting for Mr. Supreme, I’m still hoping a more appealing third-party candidate arises.

But will I vote for Vermin Supreme if he is the only option besides Donald Trump and Joe Biden? You betcha.

It won’t pay for me to try to convince you why I’d vote for a guy who wears a boot on his head rather than the Democratic Party’s candidate, just as it will avail you nothing to tell me how I’d be insane not to vote for a racist/imperialist in undeniable cognitive decline. I’m just here to share some facts with you in the hopes that your next presidential candidate is less morally repugnant than the last two have been.

You see, while I broke with the Democratic Party after voting for Bill Clinton in 1992 and feeling very dirty about myself, I’m not above voting for the lesser of two evils. While I voted Green in 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, and 2016, I did vote for President Obama in 2012. The Republicans seemed especially odious that year and Obama, while still evil, was a poke in the eye, not necessarily of Mitt Romney, but of the Republican base.

So my vote IS attainable, but it isn’t a guaranteed lock Democrats can rely on no matter how bad a candidate they put forth, and no matter how badly they manipulate the system to keep a candidate I like from ever winning. You can’t expect me to vote election after election not for a candidate but merely against one. My thought is if we unconditionally give our vote to the Democratic Party, the Democratic Party will just get worse and worse. Time seems to have borne this out. And so I offer you—not advice—but facts from which you can begin to piece together the reality you now face.

You’ve rallied the troops. The core of Democratic voters hate President Trump more than they hate cancer. They hate him more than they hate virtually anyone or anything in the entire history of the world, with the possible exception of Vladimir Putin. Which is odd, because eight years ago Obama would have told you the 80’s were calling and they want their foreign policy back.



Unfortunately, the core of Democratic voters are not enough to beat Trump. At least they weren’t in 2016. Granted, four years of Trump undoubtedly peeled away some of his support, but the Democrats still need to do something more than rile up the base. It serves no purpose to continue to beat a horse that is already running in the direction you want it to go with all the speed it can muster. The problem is, that horse has been beaten into such a frenzy it has become rather frightening to those outside the base

Your job is to garner whatever votes you can that are outside of the core Democratic constituency. You have failed miserably at this. The only votes you might be gaining have nothing to do with your efforts but with the undeniable fact that Trump is an incompetent and unlikeable president.

I’m trying my best to provide you not with opinions—to which you are immune—but with facts, which just might make you stop and ponder for a moment. Because you need to consider what your reactions to date have looked like to those whose votes you require to achieve your great purpose in life: defeating Trump. They look a little something like this:


Speaking as one to the left of the Democratic Party, they frighten me. Deeply. Existentially. They disturb me so greatly that I am constantly vacillating between which idea frightens me more, a Trump re-election or a Biden presidency.

The Russiagate narrative has captured the soul of the Democratic Party the way the fear of witches captured the soul of Salemites in the 17th Century. This troubles me for the following reasons:

1. It is used as an excuse for continued U.S. imperialism and militarism and is a real threat to global peace.
2. It is used as an excuse for censorhip.
3. It has allowed people to think that presenting the assertions of anonymous agents within intelligence agencies is proof of anything, an idea that is about as Orwellian as you can get.

Now while I have briefly veered from facts to opinions, let me circle back and say that it is a fact that these opinions are widely held by the very voters the Democratic Party will need to beat Trump and regain the Senate. Below are some examples of the view from outside Democratic orthodoxy:

Here is the view from the left of the Democratic mainstream, a voting bloc you need: https://www.mintpressnews.com/afghanistan-bounty-scandal-comes-at-suspiciously-important-time-us-military/269138/


Here is an article taken from the Ron Paul Institute, whose libertarian voters could be swayed by an alternative to Trump that had something more to offer than perpetual hostilities and military entanglement, a bloc that takes civil liberties very seriously and is appalled at attempts at censorship: http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2020/june/30/russiagate-s-last-gasp/

This is the view from the conservative side of things, not all of whom are thrilled with Trump and could be wooed by an alternative: https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/three-glaring-problems-with-the-nyt-russian-taliban-bounty-story/?fbclid=IwAR1e-LJX9EL5haFm5713rQs-8lQTt2ECdCAsSx4MZXRNVE4j9uPEbRukugk

These are the opinions you must accept others as having. They are held by millions of people who otherwise might be willing to consider voting Democrat. You cannot permit yourself to shut them out. Censoring them will not cause them to go away nor will calling people who have them "Putin puppets" endear them to your cause or help in your professed goal of ousting Trump from office. These are facts I present to you, ignore them at your own peril.

Like my writing? Please follow me on Twitter or Facebook, sign up for my newsletter, or check me out on Amazon.




No comments:

Post a Comment