Sunday, October 13, 2019

Random Political Thoughts Part 15


 Corporations value human resources the same way they do natural resources. As they see the potential profit in oil while destroying the trees, so to do they see the potential profit in your labor while destroying your soul.


Trump and Biden have forever stomped out the age-old belief of a correlation between age and wisdom.

I saw a fat guy wearing a T-shirt with a flag and the words "These colors don't run" and I'm thinking "I'll bet they can't even walk very fast."

The difference between our current situation and the leadups to the world wars is that back then you had powerful religious and political powers working for peace.

Martin Luther King and Mahatma Gandhi were generals that shook the world and shifted the course of history, and if their names are not now spoken along the lines of Genghis Khan and Alexander the Great, it is because their armies abandoned the fight after their leaders were murdered.

I say today about the Democratic Party what Germany said about Austria during WWI: “We are married to a corpse.”

What’s the biggest difference between Fundamentalist Christians and Fundamentalist Muslims? Fundamentalist Muslims aren’t racist.

The task of the Democrats is to convince people of the insanity of a Trump presidency (easy) while hiding the fact that they share in and often outdo Trump’s craziest policies (also, apparently easy, at least with their base). The only problem is convincing enough independents and progressives of the former while glossing over the latter.

I don’t understand why those who would vote for literally anyone if it meant getting rid of Trump are so intent on choosing a candidate for the rest of us. You’ll vote for anyone other than Trump? Cool, then let the rest of us choose someone we can live with and we’ll all meet up in November.

It’s funny how they say that by doing nothing we will have blood on our hands, but when we actively kill hundreds of thousands in Iraq and Afghanistan and elsewhere, they never make such an accusation.

Corporate media is hoping to bury two birds with one impeachment: Biden’s role in the Ukraine coup and Jeffrey Epstein’s connection to powerful figures in our nation and beyond.

Hard to believe but I once considered myself a liberal because of my distrust of corporate media and the intelligence agencies.

Democrats and the media may say all kinds of things about how the U.S. needs to protect Syrian Kurds, but never once will anyone suggest we stop selling weapons to Turkey.

That the media hasn’t once accused Russia of trying to boost Elizabeth Warren makes me extremely suspicious of her.

If I ever see the Democrats attack Trump on issues I actually care about, I will consider it a glitch in the matrix.

The lesson we should learn from Ellen is that we must learn to get along and not judge those  with whom we share the same class interests.

Climate change is to Democrats what the national debt is to Republicans: an issue to be used to beat the other with during elections and promptly discarded the moment they gain power.

I’d rather know about Trump’s connections to Jeffrey Epstein than I would about his conversation with Ukranian President Zelensky.

Donald Trump is battling it out with the deep state and you want me to choose a side. What side were you on when Pablo Escobar was fighting the Cali Cartel?

George W. Bush is a monster who paints pictures, just like John Wayne Gacy and Hitler.

If my son informed told me he got a gig that paid $50,000 a month sitting on a Ukrainian oil company board, I'd have some questions to ask him.


Like my writing? Please follow me on Twitter, sign up for my newsletter, or check me out on Amazon.



No comments:

Post a Comment